2016 Indianapolis Gathering – Wednesday, September 14th – Friday, September 16th
View the day’s slide deck here.
Wednesday, September 14th: Welcome Reception: A Tour of Indy’s Fletcher Place Neighborhood
- 5:30pm – Milktooth for cocktails and welcome remarks from our evening hosts, Tom and Ed Battista
- 6:15pm – Bluebeard for appetizers and more drinks, and learn more about the neighborhood
- 7:30pm – Calvin Flether’s for housemade pastries and coffee
Thursday, September 15th: Gathering Day @ Circle City Industrial Complex
- 9:00am – Registration Opens
- 10:00am – Welcome Address
- 10:30am – Equity Report Rollout + Group Discussion
- 12:00pm – Networking Break + Get Lunch
- 12:30pm – Indianapolis Manufacturing Community Rapid Share Session over Lunch
- 1:15pm – Networking Break
- 1:45pm – Communities of Practice Facilitated Group Discussions (Topics include Land Use Policy and Real Estate Development; Local Branding; and Workforce Development)
- 3:15pm – Networking Break
- 3:45pm – National Manufacturing Community Rapid Share Session
- 4:30pm – Concluding remarks & feedback
- 5:00pm – Happy Hour
Friday, September 16th: Tour Day @ Farm 360 + Horner Electric, Inc.
10am-12pm – Transportation included; Pick up from the Hampton Inn Downtown at 9:40am; Drop off at the City Market at 12pm.
We are thrilled to announce that we have selected a location for our next UMA Gathering. Mark your calendars! Our coalition of leaders in government, non-profits, academia, and manufacturing will be descending upon Indianapolis (Circle City Industrial Complex, to be precise) on September 15th.
On the heels of a dynamic series of Gatherings in Detroit, Los Angeles and New York, we have crafted an exciting program in Indianapolis, thanks to the on-the-ground work of our local host, Riley Area Development Corporation. We should add that there is quite a movement brewing in Indianapolis to support the city’s production-based economy, creating an exciting local backdrop for our collective learning. Get your tickets today!
We will kick things off on Wednesday evening with UMA’s Welcome Reception: A Tour of Indy’s Fletcher Place Neighborhood. The tour will include visits to three neighborhood establishments, with some on-site manufacturing and of course plenty of samples of locally-produced food. Thursday is where we roll up our sleeves at the Gathering. Our theme is Promoting Equity Through Urban Manufacturing, and we will unveil a toolkit in partnership with Pratt Center and PolicyLink, based on work with city officials in New York, San Jose, Portland, and our host city, Indianapolis. Finally, on Friday, we will tour local manufacturers, Farm 360 and Horner Electric, before we head into the weekend.
You can view our whole agenda and get your tickets here. Please see our flyer below for additional information or reply with any questions.
UMA is building a network for those committed to urban manufacturing in their cities. Our Gatherings have seeded countless collaborations across cities, catalyzed the launch of new local brand platforms, and reinforced our members’ grassroots efforts to support their local community of manufacturers.
And even if you can’t attend our upcoming conference in Indianapolis, you can still support UMA’s work by purchasing an I Believe in You ticket. Your contribution is vital to building a vibrant movement that supports our makers and manufacturers in cities across the country.
A great big thank you to our on-the-ground partner, Riley Area Development Corporation for hosting this event.