The UMA network is comprised of experts around the country engaged in innovative strategies to foster manufacturing in cities across the United States. By bringing these professionals together the UMA can facilitate the sharing of best practices and influence discussions of economic policy at the local, regional and national levels.
A core activity of the UMA is to develop a series of toolkits that share practical, implementable strategies for growing the manufacturing sector in urban communities and policy briefs that highlight key programs impacting the manufacturing sector at the national level and opportunities to strengthen these programs for even greater impact. In addition, the UMA encourages member cities to collaborate to grow the strength of their respective regions.
- Non-Profit Industrial Real Estate Development
- How to Develop a Locally-Made Platform
- Equitable Innovation Economies Initiative
- San Francisco Bay Area Regional Initiative
- New York City Regional Initiative
- Chicago Regional Initiative